Monday, December 19, 2011

Negative Covered Lamp

Several years ago I saw this awesome project online and fell in love with it. I have wanted to do it for so long and I finally did!
It's just an IKEA GRONO lamp with negatives Mod Podged all over it. Super simple. If you need a tutorial, Poopscape Projects (am I the only one that giggled over that name?) is where I got the idea. I really love the look of B&W negatives, but I only had one set and couldn't find them. Plus they were of my son as a baby, and negatives of people are rather creepy..... especially babies. You see some people in the lamp I made, but I tried to stick to landscape or objects. Like these from Yellowstone.
 The only tip I have is to bend your negatives at the corners before you Mod Podge them on. I laid them out in the order that I wanted them, bent for the corners and then MP'ed them. I chose to stagger them so the seams between each negative (photo) were not lined up. I also had to overlap some of the top and bottom seams to cover all of the lamp. That's it. See? So simple.
I would love to make another one with slides! How fun would that be?!?!?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would SO love to hear from you!