Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Last year after Christmas I went out and got myself a white Christmas tree and some ornaments for super cheap. I was inspired by a tree I had fallen in love with at Stone Mountain Park and decided that I just HAD to have one similar to it in my bedroom. Even though it was past Christmas I decided to put it up and decorate it because I just couldn't wait a whole year! Well, the tree itself stayed in my room this whole year. I did eventually take off the decorations and I even put some hearts on it for Valentines and shamrocks for March. Then I got bored with it and there it sat... because there was no room for it in the garage. Plus there was no way it was fitting back in that miniscule box it came in. This is what I have been looking at for the past year:
I couldn't stand it anymore so I decorated it tonight.. eeee! I love it just as much as I did last year!

I got these HUGE ornament balls on clearance at our BJ's club. I love them.
This adorable polkadot ribbon I got at Michaels on clearance.
Here is a shot with the flash on so you can see the star on top. It was just a metal star I got on clearance at Michaels and just spraypainted it white then glittered it with Martha Stewarts "white gold" glitter. Its basically silver with a hint of gold.
I didnt like the look of that pink tulle I had added under the tree so I took it out. Basically the tree "skirt" is just some scraps of white fabric I had and some tulle like white with silver stars on it. Those were scraps too.


I think it has too many balls on it and I hope to find some cheap different shapes in the colors already on it to break up all the spheres going on. But oh how I love thee white girly Christmas tree.



Linking to:
Thrifty Decor Chick

5 comments:

simply brookes: said...

glad i'm not the only one who has christmas on the brain at thanksgiving. just put up my thanksgiving tree. love the colors.

True Kim said...

wow, Liz...you've got some big balls there!

averagemissy said...

Very cute! Love it!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I LOVE it! Last year I got a 4 foot white tree for my very own so I could decorate it the way I wanted too. If you want you can see it here. http://homesteadersheart.blogspot.com/2011/12/decking-halls-trees.html
I may have to look into those big ornaments. They look so cool on there.
Have a lovely day.
Kim

Carol-Anne said...

This is my favourite tree of all the trees I've seen so far! Love the colour of the tree, the colour of the ornaments and the whole thing! The fact that you've had it up all year just kills me!

Post a Comment

I would SO love to hear from you!