Sunday, November 13, 2011

My first pair of knit gloves

Well, it only took me 11 months, but I just finished my very first pair of knit gloves. It really wasnt hard at all to do. Just boring. I made the first one in January this year. It only took me a few days to finish up the second one. It was just starting it up that I didnt want to do. I am not as in love with them as when I started, but having accomplished them makes me feel happy.
These aren't just any gloves. No, I made them with holes in the forefinger and thumbs.


Why? Because I thought it would be cool to be able to do this while wearing gloves.




 And even this!

 All I did was find a simple glove pattern in one of my knitting books. Since this was my first time making gloves I wanted a pattern that used Worsted weight yarn so that it would knit up quickly. I followed the pattern as written, but instead of finishing off the tops of the 2 fingers on each glove I simply cast off all the stitches at a length that I thought would be good.  I like them. Now my hands can stay warm when I am taking pictures in the cold months.
I am happy to be done. Now I can move on to another partly finished craft project. Or better yet, read that new Nicholas Sparks book that I just got in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would SO love to hear from you!