Friday, November 4, 2011

Crochet Newborn Owl Hat

I didn't think I would get into the whole owl craze, but they are so stinkin' cute its hard not to. Even though I told myself I wouldn't. Now I am inflicting my cutesy owl like on others. This week I made this adorable (at least I think it is) crochet hat for a friends baby. She is a preemie so I hope she gets a chance to wear it before it gets hot again.
Awe! I came across a great, free pattern at Daisy Cottage Designs. Check it out.
I made a couple of changes. I didnt have any buttons that I liked for the eyes so I cut some circles of brown felt and just sewed it on. I did the same for the beak. I also decided that I wanted it to have some eyelashes so I just freehanded some from scraps of that brown felt.
Its a super easy pattern to follow and crochets up really quickly. She tells you how to make it without the ear flaps if you just want a beanie. I like the flaps though, and the braids on the ends were easy.

 I wasn't too sure if I liked it at first, but it kinda grows on you. A couple of teen girls saw it and commented that it was so cute! I figured it must be alright if they approved.


Linking to:

Visit thecsiproject.com




1 comments:

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple said...

This is adorable! I am crazy about owls and wish I could crochet like this! GReat job!!

Post a Comment

I would SO love to hear from you!