Here is the before, before picture of the room.
I wanted to do a faux board and batten in here, but when I had some left over beadboard wallpaper from doing my daughters room (will post that soon I hope) I decided to just use that. I was already in the papering mood and I didnt have to wait for my husband to help with this. I also still loved the original yellow under all that faux crap look so I just repainted it the pretty yellow.
This picture below is the best shot I got that represents the true color of the room. Its a yummy, buttery yellow that looks good in all light. The name? Pale Honey in satin- Behr Premium Plus (the primer added one)
I cut the wallpaper in 5 foot lengths so its pretty tall. To top it off we bought a contractors size bundle of door casing molding. For $50 of trim we did the dining room, my daughters room, and still have 3 12ft long boards, plus several shorter pieces. Enough I believe to frame out the huge mirror in my bathroom and the normal size one in the kids. Yay! Another project! I really wanted a ledge, but this is way cheaper and I am saving up for a trip to England this fall. (stay tuned for that too)
You may have noticed that my chairs got a makeover too. I love the change! I got the striped fabric at Hobby Lobby and was able to (barely) get away with only 2 yards. I had a coupon so it only cost me $10 to make over the chairs.
Here's the before and afters again.
Thanks for stopping by.