Monday, April 25, 2011

Bandana Shirt

When I saw Living With Punks cute green bandana dress, I knew I just HAD to make one for my daughter. Only problem is she is a little too big for it to work as a dress, so we made it into a shirt. I think I may make another one and add some bandana ruffles to the bottom to make it a dress. It was so quick and easy to make, and the color options are vast! The bandanas were only 99cents each at Hobby Lobby! 


Be sure to visit Living With Punks blog for her great tutorial on how to make your own.
A few things I did differently. I didnt cross the straps in the back...oops! I also made the straps a little wider than suggested. I cut some extra fabric from the bottom and serged the raw edges, but didnt turn up the hem. Its still cute and decorative. Also, when I sewed on the elastic thread, I simply turned the fabric and continued sewing the next lines. This saved on thread, and time. Isnt it adorable?


Linking to:
Get Your Craft On Tuesday
UndertheTableandDreaming










sew many ways

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would SO love to hear from you!